CAREERS and TRAINING
Working in the meat industry offers a wide range of variety, ongoing training and opportunity for career progression.
Our career opportunities include Production Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Meat Inspector, Sales and Administration, to name a few. We have the systems and desire to provide our staff with personal, professional and financial rewards.We offer:
- Secure employment in one of Australia’s peak export-oriented industry sectors
- Opportunities for career development
- Ongoing training commitment to develop careers in industry and ensure ISO accreditation
- Work with a company with an open and international outlook and collaborative culture
- Personal development programs for staff
- Safety assessment of work stations to ensure safe systems of work
- Permanent employment via common law contracts
- We work closely with our staff to manage seamless career continuity and career progression.
We are always looking for exceptional employees.Do you have what it takes to be a Meat Inspector?
- A thirst for ongoing training and development.
- In-depth knowledge of the meat industry.
- Excellent powers of observation.
- Attention to detail.
- A good understanding of safety and hygiene laws.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to handle difficult people or situations.
- Physical fitness and stamina.
- The ability to build good working relationships with a diverse range of people.
- The ability to keep accurate records and maintain thorough reports.
We are committed to continually investing in our employees.We do this through:
- Ongoing training programs to ensure everyone is kept up-to-date with the latest thinking and teachings in regards to global standards and regulations.
- Personal development programs defining career paths and appropriate training programs.
Regulatory changes and growth in Australia’s domestic and export meat industry means there has never been a better time to upskill to become a qualified Meat Inspector.
Meat Inspectors partners with dedicated training providers across Australia to deliver training to our employees. To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our focus is also to develop our people, which is why they continue to receive on-the-job training from experienced inspectors. We provide extensive training in the following areas:
Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
Course Code: Course Code: AMPA30316
Certificate III in Meat Processing is the minimum qualification required to work as a meat safety officer. It covers ante-mortem and post-mortem inspections, maintaining food safety of meat and other standards.
Key skills gained through the Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) include:
- Implement food safety program
- Apply food animal anatomy and physiology to inspection processes
- Identify and report emergency diseases of food animals
- Maintain personal equipment
- Apply hygiene and sanitation practices
- Comply with Quality Assurance and HACCP requirements
- Follow safe work policies and procedures
- Communicate in the workplace
- Overview the meat industry
- Perform ante and post-mortem inspection – Bovine, Ovine, Caprine, Porcine, Wild Game
- Perform carcase Meat Hygiene Assessment
Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
Course Code: AMPA40516
The Certificate IV is the qualification needed to work as a domestic or export meat inspector.
The course is ideal for existing meat industry workers and is delivered through workshops and online learning.
Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) is in a modular form and takes up to six months to complete. Key skills gained through the Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) include:
- Manage own work performance
- Facilitate Quality Assurance process
- Participate in workplace health and safety risk control process
- Facilitate hygiene and sanitation performance
- Oversee plant compliance with the Australian Standards for Meat Processing
- Oversee humane handling of animals
- Build productive and effective workplace relationships
- Conduct an Internal Audit of Documented Program
For further information on additional training programs offered, please contact email@example.com.