TRAINEE MEAT INSPECTOR
This role will require you to undertake a training program during which we will support and pay you throughout the program.
Once you have completed the training, you will be performing post-mortem inspection on a range of animal products, while also working within a small team and assisting our clients in customer service.
Meat Inspectors require both physical and mental strength and the ability to constantly focus on the task at hand.
Once completing our training, you will:
- meet the compliance requirements of meat inspection;
- inspect carcasses, meat and meat products against export requirements;
- communicate with our clients the issues that are being identified and explain the details;
- use a knife to make incisions while investigating defects.
- As a trainee, you will receive support through two training programs:
- Certificate 3 in Meat processing – Meat Safety (4 months)
- Certificate 4 in Meat processing – Meat Safety (18 months)
- (Please note that both training programs are compulsory)
- A competitive full time salary
- Career advancement in the Australian agriculture and food manufacturing industry
You have the following:
- a background or previous training in a related field such as:
- a science discipline, eg. veterinary or animal science degree or similar
- meat processing, butchery or small good making
- an eagerness to learn
- the ability to work effectively in a team or individual environment
- proven experience with safe work practices
- ability to work well under pressure
- commitment to delivering results
- communication skills
We proudly ensure Australian meat products are safe to eat.
We specialise in inspecting meat in beef, sheep and pork processing facilities across Australia, mostly in regional, rural and remote towns. We are independently and Australian owned. To read more about us click here.
Let’s get started
If you are interested in becoming a Trainee Meat Inspector please fill out the form below and we will be in touch.