Training and Development
Due to the new changes in regulations and recent growth in Australia’s domestic and export meat industry there has been no better time to up-skill to become a qualified meat inspector. Meat Inspectors partners with dedicated training providers in all states. Please contact email@example.com to find out more.
Once you are working in meat inspection, you will receive on-the-job training from experience inspectors.
Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
Course Code: MTM30307/MTM30311
This qualification is the minimum requirement for meat safety officers, and Certificate IV in Meat Processing is required to be attained within 12 months of appointment. Certificate III in Meat Processing covers ante mortem and post mortem inspections, maintaining food safety of meat etc.
Key skills gained through the Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) include:
- Implement food safety program
- Perform ante-mortem Inspection and make disposition
- Handle animals humanely while conducting ante-mortem inspection
- Perform post-mortem inspection and disposition
- Contribute to team effectiveness
- Inspect transportation container/vehicle
Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
Course Code: MTM40207
The Certificate IV is the qualification you need to work as a domestic or export meat inspector. The course is ideal for existing meat industry workers because it’s delivered through workshops, flexible delivery and online.
Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) is in a modular form and takes up to 6 months to complete. Key skills gained through the Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) include:
- carcase inspection and analysis
- disease identification
- food safety transport requirements
- hygiene and sanitation for both the domestic and export markets.
For further information on additional training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org